Sunday, May 2, 2010
Posted by Ivie at 3:46 PM
Wednesday, October 14, 2009
I guess I am far enough along now that I can officially announce that I'm pregnant!! I am sure this comes as a surpise to no one as many have wondered where I've been for the past 6 weeks. No, I have not gone inactive, I have just been pretty sick. But I feel like I am coming out of it. I still have not desire to eat anyting, have no energy, and still live off frozen Gatorade, but at least I am not vomiting. So, YEAH!!! Anywho, I'm due April 24, but considering all my babies have been 4 days late and on a Friday, the baby will be here on the 28th or 30th. This is the caboose for us, so we are happy to start raising our 4 little chitlins.
Posted by Ivie at 9:50 PM
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
HELLO AGAIN!!!! I took the summer off from blogging mainly due to laziness! But, now that school has started, I have decided to update what we've been up to. This summer went WAY too fast. I really enjoyed having everyone home and being on our own schedule. We boated lots, swam lots, stayed up late, slept in, visited my family back east, visited the Kings in Utah, had 4 birthday parties, and went to Six Flags. We had lots of fun. I love my family so much. We have the most fun when we are together. The kids are hilarious and love being with us... for now!
So, caroline started 1st grade on Tues. Today was her 1st full day experience (till 2:15). She loves her teacher and has friends in her class! She loves school and learning and makes her momma very proud!
My little Haidyn had her 1st day of preschool today! She was so brave. She just ran over to the playgound and yelled "bye mom" without looking back :( . Haidyn is such a little social butterfly so I wasn't real worried about her. I am just not ready for her to grow up yet.
I have posted some random pics. Enjoy!!!
Princess Haidyn and Taylor right before the party. Haidyn picked out her own princess. i am not quite sure which one she is :-)
Justin bought the girls flowers on the birthday!! So sweet. He is so good to the girls. Lilies for Miss Haidyn Lily!!
Ok, I was just going to hold the pinata up with a broomstick. Justin decided to tie it to the fan! It was a riot to watch all the "princesses" whack the dinosaur pinata!
Pin Roses for Miss Caroline Rose.
More pinata fun. Again attached to the fan
Posted by Ivie at 9:39 PM
Monday, May 18, 2009
So last week Caroline had her Kindergarten Graduation!!!!! I cannot believe she is headed to First Grade. Caroine has truly amazed me this year. She has come out of her shell and has blossomed into this little smart, sweet, social butterfly. She idolizes her teaches and loves all of her little friends. She is an amazing reader and is reading whole books by herself. She is very good at sounding out any word she sees. She has just stated math and is always quizzing me (if I have you 6 cookies and you ate 3, how many would you have left?). At her graduation, they sent home little journals that they wrote and drew in every month. I was so impressed with how much she has learned. Her 1st entry wasn't even words that made sense and the picture was a stick figure. Her last entry was a couple of sentences about going skiing with Dad and she even drew a picture of her and Dad skiing together. Now that I think of it, most the entries were about her and Justin. So cute!! Anyway, I am so proud of my baby. Time flies. She is growing up way too fast.
So for her Gradutaion they sang "First Grade, First Grade" to the tune of "New York, New York." It was so cute! They dressed in little top hats. And afterwards we told Caroline she could pick the place we'd eat dinner. I was looking forward to that because usually she choosed something with steak... her favorite meal! But she threw us a curveball and asked for IHOP. I cannot even tell you how much we did not want IHOP!! But she insisted. So we took her to Perko's (like IHOP). She ddin't know the difference! She still got her happy face pancakes!
Posted by Ivie at 9:58 PM
Thursday, April 30, 2009
So a couple of months ago Justin bought me an iPhone (a couple of days after he forgot our anniversary, so that was his "sorry"). He had been trying to buy me one for months but I insisted that I didn't need one because I am a stay-at-home moma and my cheap, outdated phone suited me just fine. When I realized what the present was, I asked him to take it back to the store because it was a waste of money and I would just break it. I have a bad history with phones. I pretty much go through phones like socks! I am always losing them, dropping them in toilets (seriously), letting Taylor chew on them (before they were dropped in the toilet!!), spiiling stuff on them, and the list goes on. So, I definitely did not need a phone that would cost a fortune to replace. He said I had to keep it because he couldn't return it. He told me to try it and if I didn't like it, he would give it to someone else. I figured I had nothing to lose, so I gave it a try.
And here I am 3 months later and boy I am eating some crow! I LOVE THIS PHONE!!! It has honestly changed my life. It is so funny for me to say that because I am the most techno-stupid person alive. I don't care about electronics-gadets at all. I think they are all a giant waste of time and money. But this phone is different. I love it so much that i have decided to honor my phone in a top 10 list.
Top 10 Reasons Why I Love My iPhone:
1. I can get my email on my phone wherever I am at.
2. The Fast Food App: After the temple the other weekend, we were looking for a Taco Bell but couldn't find one. I was able to pull up my fast food app and search the closet Taco Bell. Then I clicked on the address and it showed me the map of how to get there.
3. I can check stocks on my phone to see how poor I am now :-(
4. The USA Today App: I am a big news buff. I have Fox News on in the house/car all day long and now I can check the news on my phone! I am waiting for the Fox News app.
5. There is a little notepad that I use for everything! I write my to-do lists and grocery lists on there. I always have my phone so I don't have to worry about leaving my lists at home!
6. Podcasts: I have downloaded several Sesame Street, Dora, and Diego Podcasts (videos) for th kids. They love this. I love it more because I can give it to Taylor at the store or in the car to keep her quiet.
7. iPod: I had a iPod a couple of years ago but never used it except to exercise. But since this one is on my phone, I am always listening to it... in the car, at the park, in line at Target. This also keeps the kids occupied!
8. Baby Beluga: We have been singing this to Taylor every night to get her to sleep. After 15 minutes, I get pretty sick of singing! So, I found this song on iTunes and play it for her at night instead of having to sing it! I just lay it next to her head. She loves it so much that she has started bringing me the phone at bedtime and asking for her "Ba-Bu-Ga."
9. The camera: Seriously, you can't beat all these things in one gadget! There have been many times that I have forgotten my camera but have had my iPhone so I don't miss the photo-op! It even takes pretty good pictures.
10. Internet Access: Justin got standed in Chicago the other day and called me to get him a hotel asap so he wouldn't have to sleep in the airport. I wasn't home. So I whipped out my phone, logged on to priceline, booked him a hotel, emailed him the reservation, and called the hotel to have the shuttle pick him up. This seriously took less than 1 minute!
I could go on, but I am tired and need to set my alarm...on my iPhone. And my room is so dark, so I guess I will use my flashlight app to find my way around :-)
I love you, iPhone. And I love you Justin for the awesome gift and for always being right.
Posted by Ivie at 10:42 PM
Monday, April 20, 2009
3- Justin's company was in the Rodeo Parade. That was a lot of fun and the girls loved walking in the parade. They both waved like little princesses! Then we went to the Rodeo that afternoon and watched the bull-riding! I thought it was a little cruel but I still had fun!
4- Easter stuff! The kids went to the ward party on Sat and then we had a family party on Sunday. They all loved finding the eggs and still have tons of Candy. Jayden found the silver egg with the money in it!!!
5- We had family in town for several days, which is always fun. Justin's cousin Craig got married (he lived with us last summer).
Posted by Ivie at 10:41 PM
Saturday, March 28, 2009
Posted by Ivie at 11:02 PM